The fault code P2008 can be elucidated as Intake Manifold/Bank 1 Open Control Circuit. This code is a generic fault code, which means it applies to all vehicles equipped with the OBD-II system, especially those manufactured from 1996 to the present.
It is also more common among vehicles Audi, Citroen, Chevrolet, Ford, Hyundai, Nissan, Peugeot, and Volkswagen. Specifics on troubleshooting, troubleshooting, and repairs, of course, vary from make and model, and from one type of powertrain configuration to another.
Learn more about OBD error code P2008
Do you want to know more about error code P2008? The error code P2008 It would mean that there is an open bank 1 electrical connection in the intake manifold runner circuit.
Reads: P000B OBD Error Code – Camshaft Position “B” Slow Response Bank 1
The angle of the intake manifold fins is controlled by the ECU and if it is not able to control it, then this circuit would set the check engine light.
What causes this problem with the intake manifold/open bank 1 channel control circuit?
- The intake manifold runner solenoid is defective
- There may be an open or shorted wiring harness
- Poor electrical connection
- Bank 1 intake manifold channel failure
Replace/repair these parts to fix the P2008 code
- Admission valve: The intake valve works by evenly distributing air or air/fuel mixture from the carburetor or throttle body to the cylinders. This is achieved through careful engineering of both the design and orientation of the collector. If an intake manifold has too many sudden changes in orientation or contour, airflow may be impeded, resulting in malfunction.
- engine control module – Most of the time it is difficult to intercept ECM failures and therefore it must be thoroughly checked. There may be a problem with the circuit or the software may have malfunctioned. Therefore, repair, replace, or reprogram the component as needed.
- Powertrain Control Module – If the PCM is faulty, it may store erroneous OBD codes and may lead to misdiagnosis. This can occur due to misinterpretation of data received from various sensors and components which also affects the performance of the vehicle. Therefore, replace it immediately.
- Intake manifold – If a car is like your body, then the intake manifold is your lungs. The intake manifold is a series of tubes that distribute the air entering the engine evenly to each of the cylinders so that the correct amount of air can mix with the correct amount of gas. So, replace your damaged intake manifold today!
- Electronic Control Unit – If the ECU is faulty, it will not be able to read pressure converter temperatures correctly, leading to poor performance. Therefore, replace the faulty ECU now.
- Diagnostic Tool
Symptoms of OBD error code P2008
You might be thinking that how can you diagnose these problems? Main symptoms easily.
- The service engine light may start to come on
- Slow gear changes
- Lack of torque in the lower part of the engine
How to Correct P2008 Intake Manifold Spool Control Circuit/Bank 1 Open Problem
The repairs you will have to make to correct this fault code are simple; They will surely be able to determine the necessary repairs based on your diagnosis. Take a look at some common repairs:
- Be sure to repair the faulty electrical connection
- Repair or replace the intake manifold control solenoid
- Rehabilitate failures in the intake manifold channel fins
- Carefully adjust faults in the wiring harness
Easy Diagnosis of Engine Error OBD Code P2008
Here are some steps you should follow to diagnose this fault code:
- The mechanic or technician will use a diagnostic scanner or code reader, such as the DVOM to visually look for error codes in the vehicle.
- After performing a careful inspection, each of the stored codes and freeze frame data is recovered as it can help along the way for the subsequent diagnosis process.
- All stored codes must be deleted.
- The car should be taken for a road test to confirm the symptoms.
- A visual inspection should be performed and taking a look at the vacuum lines and wiring under the hood is essential.
- A scan tool should be used to monitor the operation of the solenoids while the car engine is running and then carefully observe the changes.
- A manual vacuum pump should be installed to inspect the operation of the intake manifold flap valve.
- A multimeter should be used to inspect wiring continuity.
Common errors when diagnosing the P2008 code
- The mechanic can make the common mistake of not following the diagnostic steps correctly. It is very essential to follow the correct order of steps.
- Generally, the intake manifold runners and the intake manifold control solenoid will exhibit the same symptoms and one can be replaced when the other is causing the failure by the mechanic. Therefore, it is important to take this issue into account.