The Chery Orinoco is a compact car produced by the Chinese manufacturer Chery Automobile since 2011. It is a four-door sedan that is mainly marketed in Latin America and the Caribbean, and is known for being one of the brand’s most popular models. in the region. Like any car, the Chery Orinoco can experience problems and breakdowns. Stay till the end and read about common Chery Orinoco faults .
The Chery Orinoco is a low-cost vehicle that stands out for its affordability, reliability, and good fuel efficiency. It is available in a variety of models with different trim levels, and features manual or automatic transmission options. The Chery Orinoco also has other names: Chery J3, Chery M11, Chery Apola, Chery Chance (or Niche), Chery Cielo, Chery Tengo, Chery Skin (or Skin Sport), Speranza M11/M12 and Chery Cruise. The name varies depending on the country.
How good is the Chery Orinoco?
The vehicle is powered by a 1.8-liter inline four-cylinder gasoline engine that produces around 130 horsepower . Plus, it includes standard safety features like ABS brakes and driver and front passenger frontal airbags.
This Chery has received mixed reviews since its release, with some critics praising its value for money and reliability, while others have pointed out issues with the build quality and design. However, the model remains popular in many Latin American and Caribbean markets, and continues to be an attractive option for buyers looking for a reliable and affordable vehicle.
Common failures of the Chery Orinoco
Some of the common problems that have been reported on this vehicle include failures in the suspension, electrical system, transmission, and engine. Here are some of the most common faults that Chery Orinoco owners may face:
1. Suspension problems
Some owners have reported problems with the suspension, including noise and vibration when driving on uneven surfaces and inaccurate handling. One of the most common problems in the Chery Orinoco is the premature wear of the shock absorbers . To solve this, it is advisable to replace the shock absorbers with new and good quality ones.
2. Failures in the electrical system
Failures in the electrical system also often occur in the Chery Orinoco. It can trigger problems with the alternator or battery. To fix these failures, it is advisable to check and replace the faulty components.
Problems with the electrical system, including headlamp and interior light failures, ignition and shutdown problems, and battery charging problems.
3. Transmission problems
Several owners have experienced problems with the automatic transmission, including difficulty shifting gears and transmission slippage. Strange noises are also often present. If you experience these types of problems, it is advisable to take the vehicle to a specialized workshop to have it checked and make the necessary repairs.
4. Engine failure
Engine failures in the Chery Orinoco can cause serious headaches, such as problems with ignition or performance. If you experience this type of inconvenience, the best thing to do is take the car to a specialized workshop so that they can carry out a complete overhaul of the engine and make the necessary repairs.
5. Problems with the brake system
In some major forums owners have reported brake failures , such as noise and vibration when braking and difficulty braking effectively. This is a problem that must be taken care of, go immediately to a trusted mechanic to have this fault fixed.
6. Steering problems
Steering-related faults are no exception to the Chery Orinoco, with owners often reporting loose steering and a lack of responsiveness.
It is important to note that these problems are not common to all Chery Orinoco models and most vehicles run without issue . To avoid these failures, it is recommended to perform regular preventative maintenance on the vehicle and take the vehicle to an experienced mechanic in the event of problems. In addition, it is important to follow the manufacturer’s recommendations for the maintenance and care of the vehicle to prevent possible failures and prolong the useful life of the car.
Advantages and disadvantages of the Chery Orinoco
The Chery Orinoco is a Chinese-made car that has become popular in some Latin American countries. In this section, we will present you some pros and cons of the Chery Orinoco:
- Price : It is a relatively inexpensive car compared to other makes and models.
- Design : It has a modern and attractive design for some consumers.
- Space : It is a spacious vehicle, both in the cabin and in the trunk, which makes it ideal for families.
- Equipment : It offers a good level of equipment in terms of technology and safety.
- Quality : Although quality has improved in recent years, some owners have complained of mechanical and finish issues.
- Spare Parts : Spare parts availability and quality can be a problem in some regions.
- Fuel consumption Compared to other models in its segment, the Chery Orinoco has a relatively high fuel consumption.
- Resale value : Although it is a cheap car, its resale value can be low due to the brand image.
You should keep in mind that opinions about the Chery Orinoco may vary according to the region and the experience of each owner.
Criticisms and comments about the Chery Orinoco
The Chery Orinoco is a car that has received mixed feedback and opinions in terms of its quality and reliability. Some of the most common criticisms include:
- Build Quality – Some vehicle owners have reported issues with the build quality of the Chery Orinoco, including poorly assembled parts and poor finishes.
- Reliability – The Chery Orinoco has been criticized for its reliability, with some owners reporting problems with the transmission, engine, and other components.
- Performance – Some owners have found the Chery Orinoco’s performance to be inferior to other cars in its class, especially in terms of power and handling.
- Parts and Service – Because it is a relatively new car on the market, some people have had a hard time finding parts and getting service for their Chery Orinoco.
- Safety – Although the Chery Orinoco has basic safety features, it has been criticized for not meeting the most demanding safety standards.
It’s important to note that owner experiences can vary, and that there are many factors that can influence the quality and reliability of a car. Before making a purchase decision, it’s a good idea to thoroughly research, analyze the vehicle, and consider all available options.