The Chevrolet Orlando is a crossover vehicle manufactured by General Motors since 2011. This seven-seater car is known for its good value for money, good performance, and comfortable cabin. However, like any other car, the Orlando also has its problems and breakdowns. In this post we will talk about the most common Chevrolet Orlando failures .
Here we will also talk about the advantages and disadvantages of this crossover. You will also improve your knowledge with the criticisms and complaints that other owners have had.
Common failures of the Chevrolet Orlando
Like any other car, the Chevrolet Orlando also has its common problems. If you own a Chevrolet Orlando, it’s important to keep an eye out for these common faults and take the vehicle to a trusted mechanic for regular maintenance and repair.
1- Gearbox problems
One of the most common Chevrolet Orlando problems is gearbox failure. Owners have reported failures with the six-speed automatic transmission, which can experience problems with slippage, vibration, or even complete failure. If not fixed in time, these problems can cause irreparable damage to the gearbox, resulting in costly repairs.
2- Failures in the electrical system
Owners of the Chevrolet Orlando have reported issues with the vehicle’s electrical system. Some of these problems include misfiring , alternator problems, and starting system failures. These problems can be caused by a battery or electrical charging system malfunction, which can result in an expensive repair.
3- Problems with the suspension
Another common Chevrolet Orlando problem is vehicle suspension failure. Owners have reported noise and vibration in the front of the car, indicating a possible problem with the suspension shocks or springs. If these problems are not fixed in time, they can cause premature tire wear and driving safety issues.
4- Problems in the air conditioning system
Some Chevrolet Orlando owners have reported problems with the vehicle’s climate control system. This can include failures with the air conditioning, such as lack of cooling or lack of cold air. These problems can be caused by a refrigerant leak or a problem with the air conditioning compressor.
5- Problems with the brakes
Owners of the Chevrolet Orlando have also reported failure with the vehicle’s brakes. Some of these problems can include noisy brakes, lack of brake response, and a soft brake pedal. These problems can be caused by premature brake pad wear or failure of the hydraulic brake system.
Advantages and disadvantages of the Chevrolet Orlando
Here are some of the pros and cons of the Chevrolet Orlando:
- Interior space : The Chevrolet Orlando has a large interior space, which makes it ideal for large families or for those who need to transport bulky loads.
- Good value for money : Compared to other vehicles of a similar size, the Chevrolet Orlando offers good value for money.
- Attractive Design : The exterior design of the Chevrolet Orlando has been described as attractive and elegant, making it stand out on the road.
- Stable handling : Drivers have praised the stable handling of the Chevrolet Orlando on the highway and in bad weather conditions.
- Limited Engine Power : The Orlando’s engine power is not very high, which can affect its acceleration and towing capabilities.
- High noise levels : Some drivers have reported that the noise levels inside the car are high, especially at high speeds.
- Quality of interior materials : The materials used inside the vehicle are not of the best quality, which may affect its durability and aesthetics in the long term.
- Fuel Consumption : The Chevrolet Orlando is not particularly fuel efficient, which can increase the cost of ownership in the long run.
It is important to note that these advantages and disadvantages may vary depending on the version and year of the Chevrolet Orlando, as well as the use and maintenance given to the car.
Reviews of the Chevrolet Orlando
Some of the common opinions and complaints about the Chevrolet Orlando include:
- Engine Performance : Some drivers have noted that the Chevy Orlando’s engine is not particularly powerful, which can affect its acceleration and towing capabilities.
- Fuel Consumption : The Chevrolet Orlando is not known to be a particularly fuel-efficient vehicle. Some drivers have pointed out that the car’s fuel economy is not good enough to justify its size and weight.
- Quality of interior materials : Some critics have pointed out that the materials used in the interior of the Chevrolet Orlando are not of the best quality. Other drivers have pointed out that the quality of the materials can affect the long-term durability and aesthetics of the vehicle.
- Comfort : It has also been noted that the Orlando is not particularly comfortable for long drives, especially for rear seat passengers.
- Design : Although many drivers praise the exterior design of the Chevrolet Orlando, some critics have pointed out that the interior design is less attractive and functional.
It is good to keep in mind that the reviews can be different depending on the version and year of the Chevrolet Orlando, as well as the use and maintenance given to the vehicle. As always, it’s a good idea to learn about common Chevrolet Orlando complaints and faults, and compare with other similar vehicles before making a purchase decision.